A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash Game Marketing

Flash Game Marketing

So, I recently joined the thousands of devs out there and made a casual game in Flash. I think it is pretty good, and at least one game web site hub might pick it up. However, I'm not going exclusive with them and I want to get people to come to my site and play the game too.

Just wondering what are the "good" gaming sites out there that I might want to seek to host the game. I only know of a few like Yahoo!, MSN Zone, Game House, and Shockwave.com. Are there any other big players I don't know about?

Also, does anyone have any tips on marketing my game to drive people to my own site? I don't have much money to spend on full blown advertising banners to be displayed on major sites... so I'm really interested in knowing what might be some good "indie" ways to advertise my game.

Thanks in advance!
    -sc2071

http://www.mercilessgames.com/

If you want lots of hits, make sure the game is polished enough and try putting it on newgrounds. Depending on how they like your game you can get lots of hits. You should get at least thousand hits in a day. So if the game is nice and you have a link to your site in it it might give you plenty hits. pnflashgames is another portal or armorgames.com is something, games of gondor (dunno the exact url).

greets
    I do stuff that does stuff...

J-Force

Quote Originally Posted by sc2071
    So, I recently joined the thousands of devs out there and made a casual game in Flash. I think it is pretty good, and at least one game web site hub might pick it up. However, I'm not going exclusive with them and I want to get people to come to my site and play the game too.

Just wondering what are the "good" gaming sites out there that I might want to seek to host the game. I only know of a few like Yahoo!, MSN Zone, Game House, and Shockwave.com. Are there any other big players I don't know about?

Also, does anyone have any tips on marketing my game to drive people to my own site? I don't have much money to spend on full blown advertising banners to be displayed on major sites... so I'm really interested in knowing what might be some good "indie" ways to advertise my game.

Thanks in advance!
    -sc2071

http://www.mercilessgames.com/

Well showing off your game here is a good place to start! I just tried your game and the art and presentation are gorgeous, I love the style you've used and the animation. subtle thought it is, is fantastic.

It's difficult to pimp your site on the strength of one game, most devs release a few games on the gaming portals to build up their reputation which in turn draws people back to the site. Popular games are always popular because they are on the popular sites - once they've built up the dev/game brand's reputation, then the website starts to generate hits but these tend to pale in to comparison to the amount of people playing the game on the games portals.

I loved you game and i love your site, i drools over your design skills.
    92.7 Fresh FM for all your South Aussies - Doof Doof music FTW people!

First game? You must be kidding... This is very professionally made game, I dont think you have trouble finding places to show it.

Wow. Just... wow.
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

Wow. This is an example of a simple concept executed brilliantly. The sound, art, animations are top draw. I mean really amazing.

I like the the bonuses and power ups as well. Add another level to the gameplay.

Really great job. You should have no problem getting this on arcade sites.

By the way you could try, mousebreaker, gamegecko and jarkey.net. Ive dealt with those guys and they are all very professional but genuinely good people to work with.

Once again great job. Looking forward to seeing your next work.
    If our body is a clock ticking away and if while we experience all that this world has to offer time has still continued to pass, are we living or just experiencing a slow death?

Quote Originally Posted by tonypa
    First game? You must be kidding... This is very professionally made game, I dont think you have trouble finding places to show it.
    true... true...

Really piece of art

I like your style

it reminds me a bit of the kind of games at orisinal.com

WOW - awesome graphics and fantastic game.

great game
    Card Games - play many card games free
    Free Games many free online games

Many many thanks for the nice comments. And I appreciate the pointers on what gaming portals to check out.

It is "my" first game, although I have been working as a web/flash designer for 6+ years. However, this is definitely the most advance actionscripting I've ever done and I've been self-teaching myself 3D over the last year... so a lot of firsts for me.

Once again thanks!

2D/3D Artist & Programmer Dominicaninja's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sc2071
    It is "my" first game, although I have been working as a web/flash designer for 6+ years. However, this is definitely the most advance actionscripting I've ever done and I've been self-teaching myself 3D over the last year... so a lot of firsts for me.

Once again thanks!
    Kudos!!! Same here! I've self-taught myself 3D as well and am currently working on a Flash game using what I've learned. And as everyone already said about your game, it's great and looks great. Best of luck with future projects.

Wow, thats great. I love the art style. And thats just amazing for a first game.

You just found another talent of yours...

We are waiting more games from you ... you have some funs already ..

Welcome!
    Card Games - play many card games free
    Free Games many free online games

So it's all 3D rendered? What software did you use?

One word. "Sexy". Thats a very well polished game. Loved it. Love when people re-invent the old. Nice work

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    That's really cool!

For non-exclusive licensing, try miniclip.com

Jay Bibby has reviewed the game:
    http://jayisgames.com/archives/2006/02/puff_ball.php
    This should bring visitors nicely

Thanks for the review! I have been getting comments about the opponent's ability to use power-ups... and I think I might be making a change there. I have been doing tweaks and such to the game since v1.00 based off of feedback from friends and such... but at some point I gotta call it quits and move on to the next project!

Hopefully, I will find the right formula for fun, depth, and challenge in my next game before I release it to the public!

Thanks again!