A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [SHOW] finished game: "meteor busters"

[SHOW] finished game: "meteor busters"

here's "meteor busters", a free game project that i developed during my free time.

it's displayed in a peopleboy format, so it only uses 5 different colors and looks like an authentical gameboy-like video game, featuring an original soundtrack created specifically for the game.

some of you may remember or have read that my intention is to provide in the future a template flash file that you'll can use to create your own "peopleboy" game, and then add it in the list, so that people can play a serie of games having the same format and directly playable through a mini navigation OS-like. (thanks for the suggestions in the old thread so far)

anyway, back to meteor busters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    INGAME SCREENSHOTS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or you can have more infos/images here:
    http://www.dot-invasion.com/gaming/mbusters/about

FEATURES

>> choose between a various set of 5 different spaceships and weapons
    >> upgrade your weapons and accumulate combos to bump your own hi-score
    >> survive through 6 areas of furious and (very) intense action
    >> complete and original soundtrack
    >> many hidden cheats are available. will you find them all?

KEYS

basically the future version of the peopleboy will let you choose your own keys. here are the default keys so far:
    >> movments/menu navigation = left / right / up / down
    >> button A = space
    >> button start = enter

HOW TO PLAY

just survive and try to reach the end. good luck though, some levels are insane!
    it's possible to choose your spaceship when you pause the game, they all have different weapons... and don't forget to update them, they can be really powerful (the only way to update them is to destroy, destroy destroy). the game stops when all your 5 different spaceships are destroyed. then you can use up to 3 continues
    NOTE: the username you have to enter in the OS-like environment is used to save your hi-score, nothing more so far...

LINK TO THE GAME

it's >> here <<

enjoy it and please don't post the cheats you may find, i'll organize something special about them...

bugs reports are welcome, although several people played it already and the main bugs should be fixed now...

thanks for your interest!

CHEAT CODE FOUND!!!

allilm discovered a cheat code! "PINKY MODE"

during the title screen, perform that sequence:

left, right, left, right, up, down, right, left then button A (used for the missiles)

CHEAT CODE FOUND!!!

chaseNYC discovered a cheat code! "SUPER PINKY MODE"

during the title screen, perform that sequence:

left, right, left, right, down, left, right, up then button A (used for the missiles)
    Last edited by marmotte; 11-01-2005 at 07:16 PM.

very NICE!!....love it...the action is gripping and brutal...just the way i like it .....I'm interested to know about your background...how did you do it?...tiles....just a scrolling big bitmap?....wondering how you went about that....

good work :-)

paul.

Very professional. I like it !
    Space key makes a lot of noise. CTRL or SHIFT is better for shooting
    Card Games - play many card games free
    Free Games many free online games

pentru
    about the background, let's say i did it that way: each "tile" is as big as the game window (192x160 pixels), just a bit wider to allow horizontal scrolling... you don't really notice it directly during the action, but a lot of background screens are similar
    when a background tile is out of screen, it's deleted and the new one is added at the top, and so on. actually scrolling a big bitmap wouldn't have been the solution, the scrolling NEVER ENDS until the final boss, after around 20 or 25 minutes of play, hahaha, i let you imagine the size of the bitmap
    (i just did a calculation, the bitmap of the up part of the scrolling should be around 192x96'000 pixels, heh)

adi4x
    while waiting to have that "keys" folder implemented (that lets you configure your keys for every game), here's a tip: keep "space" pushed :-) of course i intentionally made that the auto-shoot is not too fast, to force you to push like a crazy sometimes (yes, i played many arcade shoot'em up, )

tonypa
    thanks for your hi-score, moderator!

Quote Originally Posted by marmotte
    tonypa
    thanks for your hi-score, moderator!
    Dont laugh at my score, for me the game was very tough

i'm speechless.... Wow...

Very Retro-stylish, also liked the pre-game animations a lot.

...and my score... i was only testing the user interface....

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    amazing work really great look and feel to the whole thing. The menus, loders, and start up animations were superb. Loved the "rumble" effect with the boosters . It does get pretty hard, but it all adds to the fun.

Awesome start for the people boy

Ali

Great game! Really addicting and sweet, but that intro - wow It was like inhaling sex
    // Mazapán, my portfolio

Official Shoe Shiner thehumanchimp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kianis
    Great game! Really addicting and sweet, but that intro - wow It was like inhaling sex
    lol. yeh its really good - although the beginning should carry an epilepsy warning, so many flashing lights!

but a great solid game, i like the effect when you blow up the meteors, really great. Keep it up
    Message on a gravestone: I finished before you in the human race.

Using: Flash MX

awesome game. I love the depth it creates with the clouds and action happening below. I didn't get far but does it change landscapes.

That people boy is damn good. I'd love to make something for it.

Nice work.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

omg i'm 3rd! He he - i'm so proud - i want to go for the number 1 slot but the dog needs a walk! Damn!

Really addictive game... great work...

amazing work as ever Marmotte, and I am _so_ up for making a peopleboy game, as soon as soon as I get a day clear from client stuff.

Patron Saint of Beatings WilloughbyJackson's Avatar
    Good.. no one beat my score... I worked hard for that score!

Yes! I got second place. But nowhere near WilloughbyJackson.

This is the best Flash game I've ever played! I was immersed in sound fx, the world, and the graphics, meteorites EVERYWHERE. This is, I don't know how to say, Wowsers!

Good work. I hope to achieve something of this magnitude someday.

Great job, I don't think a got past level 3 or so, but it was a great game, and I really really liked the vast difference between the ships(though I think the one that fires timed bombs/mines is the best).

Keep up the good work, nice to see some great stuff, as always, from you.

This inspires me to keep working on my space shooter, which hasn't been worked on for awhile. *Steals Ideas*

Woot, 4th!

quality stuff as usual marmotte. i like the way it really looks and feels like a gameboy. great job
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

We should bind together and make a flash player driven game portable system!

i can´t compete with your crazy scores but yeah,i dig the game a lot,too,polished work really making the word retro proud

by the way the screen is too small and i can´t see anything!!!
    (nay,was just kidding,its an internal joke between motto and me )

free-webmaster-resource.com deamothul's Avatar
    Wow amazing job, i loved the graphics and gameplay, i was completely stunned by it actually

in my opinion very good game... there is a weird dynamic though once ur first ship dies... ur pretty much screwed in my opinion then all the meteors are coming from all directions and i never last very long... all in all very fun game! i like the diff characteristics of the different ships... i'm not sure i understand why u get the bonuses(the multiple bullet thingies) i wish i could see what the multiple bullet thingies are like for the rest of the ships besides the first one. loved it and and fact that i'm in the high scores now kicks ass~
    mmm signature