A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Duracell vs. Energizer Bunny

Duracell vs. Energizer Bunny

Just noticed something... I posted an animated gif of the Energizer Bunny (US) in the Arena... Someone said that's the Duracell Bunny over here (UK)

It seems Duracell Batteries uses the same marketing campaign across the pond that Energizer uses here... They are not the same company as far as I know... That is strange... a quick Google and I didn't find any news or lawsuit information... how does that work?

I went to the Duracell website and when I clicked on UK, sure enough there he was in the media section...

Energizer vs. Duracell

FK gap filler
    it is really interesting, maybe the same advertising company sold it to energizer hopped across the pond and had a go at sellin it to us limeys?

Nah... I bet it's the other way around... Energizer Bunny has been around here forever... how new is he over there?

Eveready is well known for its ad-within-an-ad "Energizer Bunny" TV commercials. But some people may have forgotten that these ads began as a parody of Duracell TV ads. The original Duracell battery ads displayed a room full of toy rabbits playing snare drums. As a voice-over talked about Duracell's batteries outlasting those of its competitors', all the rabbits but the one run by Duracell batteries stop playing.

In the first Eveready spoof, the ad displays a similar group of toy rabbits playing snare drums. A voice-over says, "Don't be fooled by commercials where one battery company's toy outlasts the others." At that, one of the rabbits turns its head, and its eyes widen as the Energizer Bunny strolls out in front of the other toys, beating its bass drum. At the end of the ad, the voice states Eveready's now-familiar pitch, "Nothing outlasts the Energizer. They keep going and going and going .... voice-over fades out as ad ends" The Energizer Bunny pauses in the middle of the screen, leans back, and exits the screen during the fade-out.
    http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1195243

[resolved]

I vaguely remember that original advertisement now...

The Duracell bunny has been around a lot longer than the Energizer Bunny. Since the 70's I believe. I believe it was Energizer who ripped off Duracell. Well, not necessarily ripped off, it was meant to parody the old Duracell ads. They are both US companies I think.

oh nevermind, i see it's already been posted.

FK gap filler
    done and done, another interesting problem resolved