A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ::clevercherry.com - new nav !!!

A Clever Cherrry Indeed

::clevercherry.com - new nav !!!

I have designed a new nav for http://www.clevercherry.com can dudes have a look and gimmie some feedback

Cheers

Loaf

PS If you press F5 to refresh, then it should load a new nav host as they are random
    Last edited by Loafboy; 01-29-2003 at 07:45 AM.

Site is Awesome. I love the nav. Looked great, very usable, and the animation was very quick. Only upgrade. When you are in a section, e.g.,"about us," when you rollover the corresponding the button in the nav it does play the animation and when you roll off another button the animation reverts to the section your on. Make sense? I think it would give the user a good visual cue of where they are in the site...

Great work!

Chad
    http://www.pear-mouse.com

wow - fantastic..the navigation is very unique. I love the fact that the person in the picture changes every time you come into the site. Very cool. I love it!

RH

A Clever Cherrry Indeed
    Thanks dudes..

Anymore comments ??

very nice

i like the nav and really like the portfolio. nice way to present your work.

As good as usual mate. Nice little additions to portfolio. The video menu reminds me of Hillman Curtis site, but with interaction.

still the best in Brum

A Clever Cherrry Indeed
    Cheers Gaz !

I'm not sure about the loop tho, we wrote it (as part of a composition) about 2 years ago, and perhaps it's getting a bit stale, dunno really, maybe just rambling. In one sense i like it as it's just simple chords (no beats) which cuts down the annoyance factor, in another, it can still get a bit annoying after a while.

I must admit, most of the sites we are building, we are tending to just put a drone on (or in some cases, a choice of drones!)

Are loops a bit old hat ?

Loaf

A great intuitive site, just a small thing, the font used for the heading is a bit fuzzy, may I suggest you change it to a pixellated font, there are plenty of free ones out there. Otherwise a great job

love the nav, good site all around, good job
    jamesgaul.com- genius, pure and simple.

uniquest

i love how the host drops tha card. very creative. this has to be one of the uniquest navagation menus ever!
    Got a problem with my footer?

try http://www.hillmancurtis.com/

hillmancurtis did this long before you. on his nav press 3. this was done about 2 years ago. he even made a huge design book.have you seen this? i must admit i like it, so i am not raggin on it. i am just giving credit to someone who did it long before you. though you definately put a spin on it. nice job

A Clever Cherrry Indeed
    I must admit that i've never seen it on the hilman curtis site before, although it is done very well there, especially as you say this was done about two years ago.

For the older ones amongst us, i got the idea from Bob Dylan - you know which one !!

Cheers

Loafboy

PS the Font is our corporate font, and unfortunatly i have not seen a pixelated version of it if anyone has then please drop me a line

=)

i guess great minds think a like. keep up the great work!

very impressive. great use of flash. i love the navigation, sound and everything else.

the only thing i would criticize is the colors. i dont think its nice when the site changes to a blue color when you click on the 'artiste roster' button.

awesome - i LOVED the profiles! very entertaining. good way to combine a professional website with entertainment for the average viewer. 10/10.

So share the wealth Loaf... How did you pull it off? I've been trying to do it for about an hour now to see if I could. I'm currently stuck though.

http://www.zeroplustwo.com/flash/signtest.fla

How close am I?

Innovative Design

wOAH

I love the nav but certain things i dont understand how it was created i dont understand how u got it to change like if I was artis roster it would change using artist roster animation did u use several or is there a shorter way

You certainly deserve all the praise you've been getting and I commend your site as it looked VERY well planned.

However I must say a couple of things:

Why only a bunch of white guys as hosts?

Great concept but I guess as an American, I could see that people would point the finger that there are no women and all white men!

And the music just does not fit........

Originally posted by rynoe
    Great concept but I guess as an American, I could see that people would point the finger that there are no women and all white men!

affirmative action dork!!!!

Originally posted by fospher.com
    affirmative action dork!!!!
    HILE HITLER!

ZIEG HILE HITLER!!!!

Why is this distgusting, persistant racism still tolerated!
    You got a problem with women or blacks fospher? I suppose you would prefer to dipose of the jews also.........

If you think this attitude is wrong, send him a message here
    Last edited by rynoe; 02-22-2003 at 03:30 AM.